Our Louisiana law firm of Tomeny | Best Injury Lawyers has launched a new website that will help potential clients in and around Baton Rouge easily find the legal help they need. The new website is simple to navigate and includes information about our firm’s practice areas, case results, and client testimonials.
The site also has a Frequently Asked Questions section that is a great starting point to answer some basic questions that you may have. Our contact information is readily accessible, or if you prefer, you can start an online chat with one of our representatives.
About Our Firm
Tomeny | Best Injury Lawyers is a small firm that is committed to getting to know our clients personally so we can best meet their legal needs. All three of our attorneys are Louisiana natives who sincerely care about the people in our community.
In testimonials, clients note that our attorneys “never left me wondering about the status of my claim,” “helped me receive compensation to pay off my medical bills and recover lost wages,” and “explained every detail of my case from start to finish.” They also describe our attorneys as “awesome,” “easy to talk to,” and “very understanding.”
Our track record of success for our clients is also evident in the case results section of our website. While some firms simply list the case type and dollar amount, our website includes detailed summaries of each case, including the nature of the injuries and their impact on the client’s life, and the various techniques our team used to gather evidence and build a strong case. This gives potential clients a snapshot of the level of attention and care that goes into each case.
Get to Know the Attorneys of Tomeny | Best Personal Injury Law Firm
Frank is the founding partner of our firm and has been practicing personal injury law for over 32 years. He has handled high-profile cases in Baton Rouge, including two-car accident cases where the state Department of Transportation and Development was partly at fault, as reported in The Advocate.
James joined our firm as a limited partner after he retired in 2017. He has decades of legal experience, including 24 years as a district court judge. His caring personality, combined with his extensive experience, makes him a valuable asset to our firm.
Jennifer joined our firm in 2014. She is committed to justice and has a passion for learning. She taught communication courses at Louisiana State University prior to becoming a lawyer, and she contributed to law review articles and a textbook while in law school.
Personal Injury Cases We Take
When you are injured, many aspects of your life are affected, including your ability to work, participate in hobbies and sports, and your relationships with friends and family. When someone else is to blame for your injuries, you may feel angry, betrayed, or disappointed. Our attorneys work with injured clients every day, and we understand the impact it has on your life.
We are committed to fighting hard for our clients to secure compensation for their injuries. Some of the cases we take include:
- Car accidents – In 2018, nearly 75,000 people were injured in car accidents in Louisiana, according to Louisiana State University. Car accidents can be prevented, and most are due to the careless behavior of another driver. Our attorneys work with the at-fault driver’s insurance company to negotiate a fair settlement, and when needed, we will take them to court to fight for the compensation you are owed.
- Truck accidents – Accidents that involve large commercial trucks, such as semis or fuel tankers, are often more complicated to litigate than a regular car accident. The injuries are often more severe, and there are usually multiple parties who could potentially be at fault. Since trucking companies have their own team of lawyers working against you, it is important to have a lawyer who understands the complexities of these accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcyclists are especially vulnerable to injuries since they have little protection from other vehicles. When another driver disobeys traffic laws or drives carelessly, they put motorcyclists in great danger. If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a motorcycle accident, our attorneys are here to help you receive compensation.
- Product liability – When you purchase a product, you expect it to function correctly and safely. Louisiana law holds manufacturers and retailers responsible if their products cause harm. Our attorneys help victims receive compensation if they have been injured by defective and dangerous products. This could include medical devices, prescription drugs, toys, cars and auto parts, furniture, and more.
- Mesothelioma – Mesothelioma is a type of cancer that is caused by exposure to asbestos. Most asbestos exposure occurs in the workplace. People who work in construction, certain factories, lumber mills, and shipyards face the highest risk. If you have developed mesothelioma due to occupational exposure to asbestos, your employer may be held liable.
- Premises liability – Property owners have a responsibility to safely maintain their property. If they fail to do this, and someone is injured because of their negligence, they can be held liable. Also known as slip, trip and fall injury cases. If you have been injured on someone else’s property, our attorneys can help you file a premises liability claim.
- Wrongful death – Losing a loved one is absolutely devastating. If your loved one was killed due to someone else’s negligence, our attorneys can help you file a wrongful death claim. You may be owed compensation for the funeral and burial expenses, loss of future earnings, and the loss of their companionship. Since Frank Tomeny formerly worked as an insurance defense attorney, he understands insurance companies inside and out, and he knows the strategies needed to secure full and fair compensation for your loved one’s death.
Although these are the main types of cases that we handle on a regular basis, we also take on many other types of personal injury claims.
How to Get in Touch with Us
If you need a personal injury lawyer in Baton Rouge, contact Tomeny | Best Injury Lawyers today by phone, start a live chat on our website, or fill out a contact form. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Avvo.