No one wants to be in a car accident, however, it is not uncommon for a person to be injured in an automobile accident at least once in his or her life. Should you ever be involved in a vehicular accident, be sure that you complete everything on this checklist. Unfortunately, we don’t have time machines, so it’s important to be prepared at all times.
- Check to see if you or any other passengers were injured in the accident, and call 911 anyone needs medical attention. Go to the hospital if you need immediate medical attention
- Move to a safe location if you or your car is creating a safety hazard. If your car doesn’t work or won’t start, turn on your warning lights to warn the other drivers in the area.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident.
- Do not argue or admit as to who the fault of the accident was.
- Call the police if the accident caused injury, damage, or death
- Obtain information from other drivers, witnesses, etc. This includes: Name, Address, telephone numbers, email, and insurance information.
- Write down police officers information (Name, badge number, and city)
- Write down information about the accident (date, time, car make, model, year, license plate, state)
- Take pictures of everything from the accident site.
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor. Sometimes you may be injured and not realize it, therefore it’s always a good idea to go to the doctor to make sure that everything is okay.
- Before speaking with any insurance company, make sure to call an experienced vehicle accident attorney. Many times insurance companies will try and pressure you into settling for less than you deserve. Don’t talk to adjusters or insurance agents unless you have spoken to an experienced auto accident injury attorney first!
If you have questions about an automobile accident, give us a call for a free, no pressure consultation at (888) 483-8842.